4. Compliance Information and Weblinks

City Hall of San Francisco

Compliance with regulatory agencies

We  know that our clients need answers fast and some like to see the source. So we provide links to the websites that matter to you!

Here you can find information on the following websites:

Internal Revenue Services provides business start up information, how to define a contractor versus an employee, how to get an Federal Employer Identification Number, Forms and publications needed to run your business such a W-9 Forms for contractors, W-4 Forms for new employees, 1099 and 1096 forms to file compensation for contractor forms, W-2 and W-3 forms for employer/employee annual compensation forms, quarterly and annual payroll tax forms, and a variety of other important services for small business

The Franchise Tax Board This is where you file your California State taxes and learn about other business compliance issues.

The Department of Industrial Relations The Department of Industrial Relations was established to improve the working conditions of California employees and to advance opportunities for profitable employment in California. Here you can learn about labor law and how to be an employer in compliance.

California Secretary of State Go here to learn about Trademarks, Business Entities, to find forms and publications needed for partnerships and corporations, news alerts about business fraud, and many other services offered to citizens of California regarding elections, etc.

City and County of San Francisco Tax Collector’s Office This office is your one stop shop for finding your fictitious business names, acquiring a business license to do business in San Francisco, how to pay your taxes, and many other services.

California Board of Equalization Go here to file for a Sales Tax Resale License (so you can buy wholesale without paying sales tax) and to prepare, file and pay Sales Taxes when due. There are strict penalties and interest charges when you don’t file on time. If you are a business who sells products, you must be registered with the Sales Tax Board of Equalization if you want to be in compliance!

Let us know what else is useful and we’ll find some links for your easy access!